Egdar's Blobs is a colorful and bouncy physics based sidescroller where you must keep squishy balls of goo called "Slurpies" alive by moving pieces of the environment!
LINK to Ludum Dare Page: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/46/egdars-blobs
It was made by Noa Calice and Jonas Tyroller, two indie game developers and Youtubers!
Noa Calice (Blackthornprod): https://www.youtube.com/blackthornprod
Jonas Tyroller: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_p_9arduPuxM8DHTGIuSOg
|Tags||2D, Colorful, Feel Good, Ludum Dare 46, Physics, Short, Side Scroller|
WindowsBuild1.zip 95 MB
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Very enjoyable game with great graphics sound and although challenging, it's very satisfying to finally finish a level.
very nice world of goo vibes
nice game man!!
Want to help me out when my next came jam comes? My jam is going on right now so for the next one I want youtubers to join and put it on youtube so is that ok!!!!
If you want to I will send you the jam so you can join.
Cookie jam 2021.1 - itch.io
thats the one going on
mega tiiip: be gentle with the blobs idiot
stuck lvl 3 :(
Nice concept but there are some things that really mess up gameplay
1. Camera, the camera moves a lot, and sometimes it doesn't even have the blob inside it, also, for some reason, the mouse moves along with the camera which makes everything 10 times harder, and not in the fun way
2. Sometimes things just randomly start spinning and its annoying
Other than that pretty good game, also, i can't really critisise this too much, because it was done in 72 hours, and I could never do anything as amazing as this
On experiment 3 when the blob gets under the wind mill thing i can get it over
Use Google Chrome.
too ragey for me lol
excellent but camera move is so slow and make resolution setting please
Absolutely LOVE it
Great game! slurpy looks and reacts with environment too good that it really looks cool but camera movement script is not too good. When slurpy goes up the camera follows it but when it come down it gets out from camera so it's hard to keep It safe from dying. main subject is slurpy so you should always keep it in screen. There are many ways of making camera follow player in nice way. :D
there's only 2 levels that are hard because of the camera, is not that bad (level 5 and 10)
liked your game
I was banned from your discord for telling a mod, "I was asking the other guy". He banned me without even messaging me or anything.
My discord is Lite#4211
In general, a really good game. I love the care put into the animations, SFX, the difficulty curve, and many other aspects of the game.
However, I still have a few complaints. Firstly, as everyone has already said, the camera isn't always in the position you want it to be. For this specific game, I'd recommend using cinemachine camera, and freezing it in the sections where the challenge pops up. For instance, in the second experiment, I'd freeze the camera next to the block, and once the player has picked up the block, the camera unfreezes. I would do something similar with the spike pit.
Secondly, the 1 x 1 blocks feel a bit finicky, because they rotate seemingly unpredictably, and then getting the blob over spike pits, or anything in general just feels like RNG. To solve this, I'd recommend removing the feature of rotating the blocks.
Thirdly, the music gets really repetitive after a while. Maybe try using different songs for each experiment, or create a list of songs which randomly play once a different song is finished playing.
Finally, the placement of some of the blocks in some places is very inconvenient at times. For instance, on the third experiment, the rotating wheel is sometimes too far from where the blob is sometimes placed. This should be able to be solved by making the curve of the dirt more like how the rotating wheel rotates by putting it closer to the wheel.
Overall, good, short, and mostly relaxing experience based game with a few flaws here and there.
better than any trash you ever made
ok, you can hate a game, but call the developers annoying without even meeting then is so wrong
I absolutely love this game, the charm is amazing (I love the Slurpies and their dopey friends), the gameplay is challenging but hilarious, and overall it feels very polished. The art is very whimsical and put together. Sound effects are fitting and adorable, is it bad I like the death noise...? I had no issues with the camera, I think it perfectly adapted to the player. Also the music is very good, it matches the overall style of the game. Also this game is brimming with humor. Once I figured out the first level, the rest of the game came pretty naturally and intuitively. Good work to both developers!
+1 YouTube sub. You've earned it :)
the fact the camera is automatic screws all control over platforms
Great game has a World Of Goo feeling. C'mon tho Jonas that CAMERA
it's a great game but the camera sometimes messes with your cursur making the objects go crazy
Omg i was toughing the corona virus in this game the hole time !!
P.S: The sounds are soooo satisfying
loved the game but the camera was a bit slow
I HATE THIS GAME SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not hate the game if it's only frustrating for a small percentage of the player.
I loved how much care you put into this game! How the character animations and sound effects react to the environment really makes this world feel alive! The wooden bar is a brilliant mechanic for a physics game like this and I don't know what better alternative there could even be. The difficulty curve felt just right and the levels supplement each other and teach players new skills they'd use later on. Overall, this game is golden!
A major change I'd propose though: The smooth camera scrolling should follow the player's mouse instead of the blob (similar to an RTS interface). The current scroll method presents the following issues:
1. Trying to control / switch between multiple elements of the world is really difficult, given that all elements are constantly moving (even just holding onto a single bar and rotating it in a desired direction feels quite awkward at times due to the camera scrolling happening)
2. It is very easy for crucial level elements to get outside of the player's field of view (Think how this is gonna work if you port the game to other platforms and have to deal with inconsistency with screen widths!). Sometimes a bar becomes inaccessible if I left it in a vertical position but then the blob rolled away. Sometimes it's just the blob is rising / falling too fast, so much so that it goes off-screen (might be tricky to get the scroll smoothing right) and the player cannot reach any interactible elements near it.
3. If you intend for this game to be puzzle focused, it could be a flaw that the player is not immediately aware of all the level layout or even where their goal is. I got surprised quite a few times by a spike that suddenly came up or a new bar I didn't know existed. But again, you're the designer here, and you know what's best for your game. Maybe a sense of exploration into the unknown is what you're aiming for, in which case, just keep the scrolling the way it is and let the camera roll faster, so the player would have enough time to react to something that just showed up.
4. Again, if you wanted for this game to be more puzzle-focused, the player should be able to pre-adjust level elements so they don't have to micro manage later on (similar to "Wonderfully Juicy" from earlier). I can see my proposal of mouse-based scrolling as problematic though, because after level 7, the player's range of control had to be limited for those level designs to work.
Anyhow, this comment got way too long - sorry about that. This game has a lot of potential of becoming a rage game though. Consider that approach lol. I was also expecting a dark twist in the end for some reason, haha. Nature is cruel.
Love all your works! Take care!
That was long.
You play the game with the mouse but you need to press r to restart.
After death 50 that becomes annoying.
The zoom level of the camera makes it a little difficult to see level hazards/obstacles sometimes, especially in lvl9, also, as the camera follows the blob, sometimes the platforms you need to move go out of camera view. Maybe zoom level would help with too, but other than that its a great game, cute art, nice sound effects, cool animations and considering its the product of a game jam, it's very well polished. Great job guys ^^
Great job. Nice short game. I liked it.
This game is absolutely amazing! The graphics, music, sounds, game play, all made me feel enlightened. Thank you.
I loved it :) You just need to be patient with it you guys haha Very enjoyable, and great vibes! Level progression was nice. My heart melted a little when I saw him join the rest of him family, so cute!! Great work you two :D
Tbh the camera ruined the whole experience for me... The movement skrewed up all the controlls and it was always either too slow or too fast for what I was trying to do
Yeah. We screwed up the camera unfortunately. Thanks for the honest feedback. We appreciate it. :D
The cam sucks can if the player jumps high i can't grab the platforms and sometimes the player keeps going up the platforms by him self
Some constructive criticism:
- When you hold the R key, it constantly restarts the game. I would instead restart it on a single key press instead of every frame the key is being held.
- Would be nice if the Camera speed increased quite a bit once it's father away from the character. There are cases where the camera was too far away from my character and I wasn't able to save him. If you want to keep the current camera movement, one way you can do it is by making the camera speed increase exponentially after a specific distance.
- I would recommend ticking off the full screen button on Itch since Unity WebGL build already has it's own full screen button.
- I would make the WebGL game window smaller since on smaller computer screens (like my laptop) it goes a bit outside it's edges. I usually just go for half of my computer's resolution (960x540) and if someone wants to have the game to take the whole screen, there's always the full screen button.
Overall, good job! It's a very juicy game.
I stucked for 15min at level 3 at the wheele :(